POSITION TITLE (Oracle title)
Rock Quarry Rd. Office Complex, Raleigh, NC
Noncertified Grade 23
ELIGIBILITY FOR EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT
WORK WEEK SCHEDULE
Monday-Friday (occasional evenings or weekends)
Performs diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repairs on school bus and service vehicles’ GPS tracking systems, video recording systems, and other onboard technology systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Apps;
- Considerable knowledge of all aspects of vehicle and school bus operation and repair techniques;
- Considerable knowledge of GPS tracking systems, video recording systems, and onboard technology systems;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback;
- Ability to work independently and part of a team and complete tasks in the absence of clear direction;
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school system staff.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Some post-secondary education in electrical equipment repair;
- Two years of experience directly related to school bus and automotive repair;
- Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold and maintain a valid North Carolina commercial driver’s license.
- Employee must provide own basic tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, services, identifies, and repairs faults on electronically controlled GPS vehicle tracking system components, video recording systems, and other onboard technology systems.
- Utilizes electronic system software to monitor system performance and identify faulty units.
- Responsible for performing maintenance, repair, and service work on school buses and service vehicles.
- Troubleshoots appropriate corrective measures and performs work to provide a solution.
- Tracks equipment inventory using spreadsheets.
- Maintains compliance and adherence to all safety procedures, occupational health practices, and maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position operates in an indoor and outdoor environment. This role routinely variety of equipment such as computers, hand/power tools, etc. The position, at times, must be able to come into direct contact with school system staff, contractors, vendors, and external agencies. Work is considered heavy physical work, requiring the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force. The work frequently requires the ability to operate automotive equipment. Frequent exposure to hazardous materials, gases and chemicals, moving parts, and inclement weather conditions.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/2023
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this position. They are not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required by the employees assigned to this position. This description may be revised by HR and approved at any time.